Wisconsin 24 Illinois 13
Despite losing starting quarterback Joel Stave, Wisconsin was able to pull off a Big Ten road win. The Badgers dominated time of possession and were able to hold Illinois to just 3-of-12 on third down opportunities.
Player of the game
- Wisconsin wide receiver Alex Erickson led the team with 96 receiving yards (on 10 catches) and 81 rushing yards (on four carries), and he scored a touchdown through the air.
- Wisconsin has now won six straight games against Illinois.
- Illinois has lost back-to-back games after starting the season 4-1.
- Wisconsin quarterback Bart Houston completed 22-of-33 passes for 232 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in relief of Stave.
- Illinois wide receiver Geronimo Allison caught eight passes for 99 yards.
- Outside of Erickson, Wisconsin rushed 36 times for just 57 yards (1.6 yards per carry).
- Illinois quarterback Wes Lunt completed 22-of-43 passes for 278 yards and an interception.
- Wisconsin has won three straight games.
- Illinois is averaging just 15.7 points per game in its losses.
- With 7:31 left in the third and Illinois having just scored to take a 13-10 lead, Erickson took a stretch play 56 yards to set the Badgers up at the Illini 30. Wisconsin scored a few plays later to take a 17-13 lead.
- Stave left the game in the first quarter with a head injury.
- Wisconsin vs. Rutgers (10/31)
- Illinois vs. Penn State (10/31)