Kevin King Kills It at the NFL Combine
By George Yarberry
EFN National Director
Kevin King, a 6'3 200-pound corner back from Washington, is climbing up the draft boards with a solid performance at the NFL Combine. King was one of the top overall performers in Indianapolis.
He won the 20-yard shuttle with a 3.89 and finished first in the 3 cone drill with a 6.56. He also ran a 4.43 40-yard dash and jumped 39.5" in the vertical jump.
King earned All-PAC 12 honors the last two seasons for the Huskies. In 2016, he recorded 44 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions and a team-high 13 pass breakups.
He length and overall athleticism is making GM's take a closer look. He is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round on April 27.
Top 5 20-Yard Shuttle Times
1) Kevin King (Washington) CB 3.89
2) Howard Wilson (Houston) CB 3.94
3) Chris Godwin (Penn State) WR 4.00
3) Ryan Switzer (North Carolina) WR 4.00
4) Zay Jones (East Carolina) WR 4.01
4) Trent Taylor (Louisiana Tech) WR 4.01
Top 5 3-Cone Drill
1) Kevin King (Washington) CB 6.56
2) Christian McCaffrey (Stanford) RB 6.57
3) Taywan Taylor (Western Kentucky) WR 6.57
4) Brian Allen (Utah) DB 6.64
5) Isaiah McKenzie (Georgia) WR 6.64