Utah State Aggies (4-2) at San Diego State Aztecs (4-3)Kickoff Time:
Friday, October 23, 10:30 PMLocation:
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CaliforniaTV:
Utah State will play the second of three consecutive Friday night games. This one is against San Diego State, which leads the conference’s West division with a 3-0 record. The Aggies are 3-0 and sit atop the Mountain division.
Players to watch
- Utah State quarterback Kent Myers accounted for four touchdowns last week in an upset victory over Boise State. He has five passing touchdowns and two rushing scores in three games this season
- San Diego State running back Donnel Pumphrey has rushed for more than 100 yards in four of his last five games and leads the Aztecs with 729 rushing yards this season. Pumphrey has scored at least one touchdown in five straight games.
- Utah State boasts the nation’s sixth-best rushing defense as opponents are just running for 90.8 yards per game.
- Aggies star linebacker Nick Vigil leads the Mountain West in tackles per game (11.0)
- Utah State has forced 18 turnovers, which ranks fourth nationally; all of the takeaways have come in the last four games.
- San Diego State has dominated series and holds a 10-1 advantage, including wins in each of the last eight meetings.
- Pumphrey also leads the Aztecs with 249 receiving yards.
- The Aztecs average just 150 passing yards per game.
- San Diego State is allowing 19.6 points per game this season.