Cincinnati Bearcats (3-2) at Brigham Young Cougars (4-2)Kickoff Time:
Friday, October 16, 7:00 PMLocation:
LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UtahTV:
The Cougars will put their perfect 3-0 record at home on the line in this matchup against Cincinnati. The Bearcats are in the midst of a quarterback controversy, as Gunner Kiel has returned to health to find that freshman Hayden Moore played well in his absence.
Players to watch
- Bearcats senior wide receiver Shaq Washington blew up against the Hurricanes last time out, catching eight passes for 106 yards in the 11-point win. Washington has posted back-to-back 100-yard games and appears well on his way to exceeding last season’s 761 yards.
- Cougars freshman quarterback Tanner Mangum posted a second straight 300-yard game last time out against East Carolina. Mangum completed 24-of-33 passes for 332 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions in Brigham Young’s 7-point win last week.
- This marks the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
- Cincinnati boasts the nation’s No. 5 passing offense with an average of 385.8 yards per game.
- The Bearcats have held opposing offenses to just a 26 percent conversion rate on third downs.
- Cincinnati has converted 48 percent of its third-down attempts this season.
- Kiel has 70 completions in 111 attempts (63.1 percent) while Moore has 68 completions in 114 attempts (59.6 percent) this season for the Bearcats.
- The Cougars are averaging just 126 rushing yards per game to rank 111th out of 128 teams.
- Both of Brigham Young’s losses this season -- on the road to UCLA and Michigan -- have come against teams which are currently ranked in the top 25.
- Kiel is probable for Cincinnati with a head injury.
- Bearcats receiver Johnny Holton is probable with a leg injury.
- Cincinnati running back Mike Boone is probable with an ankle injury.
- Bearcats wide receiver Chris Moore is probable with an ankle injury.
- Mangum is listed as probable with a hamstring injury for Brigham Young.
- Brigham Young quarterback Taysom Hill is out for the season with a foot injury.
- Cougars linebacker Harvey Langi is probable with an undisclosed injury.
- Brigham Young offensive lineman Ului Lapuaho is questionable with a leg injury.
- Cougars defensive back Micah Hannemann is questionable with an undisclosed injury.