BYU 45 East Carolina 38
BYU scored a touchdown in the closing seconds to break a 38-38 deadlock on its way to the non-conference win and a 4-2 record. East Carolina dropped to 3-3 overall.
Player of the game
- BYU freshman quarterback Tanner Mangum completed 24 of 33 passes for 332 yards and three touchdowns, giving Mangum 1,084 passing yards and six touchdowns for the season.
- BYU junior running back Algernon Brown finished with career game highs in carries with 24, rushing yards with 134 and touchdowns with three.
- Cougars senior wide receiver Devon Blackmon caught nine passes for 142 yards, both highs for the 2015 season.
- BYU senior defensive back Michael Wadsworth led the defense with 10 tackles, followed by junior defensive back Kai Nacua with nine tackles.
- East Carolina junior quarterback Blake Kemp completed 28 of his 36 pass attempts for 370 yards and two touchdowns.
- Senior tight end Bryce Williams had five catches for 100 yards to pace the Pirates.
- East Carolina held slight advantages in first downs, 27-26, and total yards, 517-508, over BYU.
- Brown ran 9 yards for a touchdown with 19 seconds remaining to give BYU a 45-38 lead.
- BYU vs. Cincinnati (10/16)
- East Carolina vs. Tulsa (10/17)