Texas A&M Aggies (8-4) vs. Louisville Cardinals (7-5)Bowl Game:
Music City BowlKickoff Time:
Wednesday, December 30, 7:00 PMLocation:
Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TennesseeTV:
Texas A&M was stunned by the transfers of not one but two quarterbacks prior to bowl season, with both Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray deciding to leave the program. They’ll face a hot Louisville team in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. The Cardinals won five of their last six games to salvage their season after a slow start.
Players to watch
- Aggies wide receiver Christian Kirk led the team with 70 receptions, 925 yards and six touchdowns.
- Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson led the team with 10 passing touchdowns and also had team-highs of 734 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns.
- Both teams are making their first appearance in the Music City Bowl.
- Texas A&M has won its last four bowl appearances, and have an overall record of 17-19 in bowl games.
- With the transfers of Murray and Allen, Texas A&M will start sophomore Jake Hubenak at quarterback, who completed 12-of-27 passes for 92 yards and one touchdown this season.
- The Aggies have won all three meetings between the schools, which came in consecutive seasons between 1992-94.
- Louisville is 8-9-1 all-time in bowl appearances.
- The Cardinals held opponents to an average of 3.3 yards per carry this season.
- Cardinals wide receiver Jamari Staples is questionable with a shoulder injury.