Tennessee 53, Vanderbilt 28
Tennessee (8-4) scored 36 unanswered points to open a 53-14 lead in the fourth quarter before giving up two late Vanderbilt touchdowns. Tennessee leads the all-time series, 75-29-5.
Player of the game
- Tennessee sophomore running back Jalen Hurd carried the ball 19 times for a team-high 120 yards and one touchdown. He also added four receptions for 35 yards.
- Vanderbilt freshman quarterback Kyle Shumur completed only 44 percent of his passes, but threw for 209 yards and three touchdowns.
- Vanderbilt sophomore running back Ralph Webb ran for a game-high 149 yards on 21 carries with his longest run of the day being 50 yards.
- Sophomore wide receiver Trent Sherfield caught six passes for 85 yards and a touchdown for Vanderbilt.
- Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs completed 13 of 21 passes for 140 yards and two touchdowns, and ran for 93 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries.
- Tennessee running back Alvin Kamara contributed 99 rushing yards on 11 carries, and had two receptions for a team-high 52 yards.
- Tennessee wide receiver Von Pearson had three catches for 40 yards and two touchdowns.
- Cameron Sutton returned a punt 85 yards for a touchdown and a 27-14 Tennessee lead with 4 minutes, 36 seconds remaining in the second quarter.