TCU 47, Oregon 41
Oregon built a big lead in the Valero Alamo Bowl but melted down in the second half after starting quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. left the game with an injury. The Horned Frogs stormed back in the final two quarters and pulled out the victory in three overtimes.
Player of the game
- TCU backup quarterback Bram Kohlhausen started in place of suspended star Trevone Boykin and passed for 351 yards and two touchdowns. It was the first and only start of Kohlhausen’s career.
- TCU, which trailed 31-0, matched the largest comeback in bowl game history,
- Adams passed for 197 yards and a touchdown before leaving the game at halftime.
- The meltdown overshadowed another strong performance by Oregon running back Royce Freeman, who ran for 130 yards and three touchdowns.
- Horned Frogs running back Aaron Green rushed 25 times for 101 yards and a touchdown.
- Jeff Lockie passed for 36 yards after stepping in for Adams in the second half.
- Ducks wide receiver Darren Carrington caught seven passes for 107 yards and a touchdown.
- The Ducks needed a touchdown to force a fourth overtime, but Lockie’s fourth-down pass fell incomplete, sealing the win for the Horned Frogs.