Stanford 42 Oregon State 24
No. 21 Stanford’s 14 unanswered points in the third quarter provided all the margin the Cardinal needed to dump Oregon State in the Beavers’ Pac-12 opener at home. The win extended Stanford’s streak against Oregon State to six wins in a row.
Player of the game
- Stanford now leads the all-time series 54-25-3, and hasn’t lost to Oregon State since 2009.
- Cardinal sophomore running back Christian McCaffrey was the bellcow for Stanford, carrying 30 times for a career-high 206 yards (6.9 average).
- Oregon State balanced the run and pass evenly on its 72 plays with 36 runs and 36 passes.
- Beavers sophomore wide receiver Jordan Villamin posted game highs with seven catches and 138 yards with a touchdown -- his third career 100-yard game.
- Stanford’s run game (6.8 yards per carry) more than doubled the average output of Oregon State’s (3.1).
- Cardinal senior running back Remound Wright carried just seven times for 13 yards, but scored two touchdowns -- his second straight game with multiple scores.
- Stanford vs. Arizona (10/3)
- Oregon State vs. Arizona (10/10)