Tulsa Golden Hurricanes (3-4) at SMU Mustangs (1-6)Kickoff Time:
Saturday, October 31, 4:00 PMLocation:
Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TexasTV:
Tulsa visits SMU in a game that features two teams in search of their first AAC win. The Golden Hurricane enter play in the midst of a two-game losing skid while the Mustangs have lost five straight.
Players to watch
- Tulsa quarterback Dane Evans has completed 168-of-278 passes for 2,548 yards and 15 touchdowns.
- SMU quarterback Matt Davis has passed for 1,543 yards and 11 touchdowns while also serving pacing the Mustangs in rushing yards (443) and touchdowns (7).
- Tulsa ranks first in AAC passing efficiency with 364 yards per game and fourth in total offense with 548 yards.
- Saturday’s meeting represents the 22nd meeting between Tulsa and SMU, with the Mustangs leading the series 13-8-0.
- The Golden Hurricane defense has totaled 10 takeaways this season after going the first seven quarters of the season without getting a turnover.
- Before a second quarter interception Saturday against USF, Davis had gone a school-record 171 passing attempts without a pick.
- Evans ranks fourth on both the school’s career passing (6,548) and total offense (6,641) charts.
- With five games remaining, SMU has already scored 66 more points than it scored last season.
- Golden Hurricane safety Michael Mudoh is one of only 16 players in school history to reach 300 career tackles and ranks seventh on Tulsa’s all-time tackles list (353).
- SMU has allowed 29 sacks -- the most by any FBS team.
- Tulsa wide receiver Joshua Atkinson is a game-time decision with an Achilles injury.