Troy 52 New Mexico State 7
Troy snapped a four-game losing streak in its first Sun Belt Conference win of the season against New Mexico State. The Aggies defense allowed 50 points for their third straight game.
Player of the game
- Trojans quarterback Brandon Silvers had five touchdown passes in the win and came into the game with only four total touchdown passes in his last five games. He completed 23-of-37 passes for a season-high 288 yards.
- Troy’s 52 points were the most scored by the team in a Sun Belt game; previous high was 50 versus North Texas in 2009.
- Trojan punter Ryan Kay booted a career-long 60-yard punt in the third quarter.
- Silvers became the first Troy quarterback with five touchdown passes in a game since Kelvin Simmons against Alcorn State in 1993.
- New Mexico State converted 4-of-18 third down opportunities.
- Larry Rose III compiled a team-high 180 rushing yards for the Aggies.
- Rose was New Mexico State’s top receiving threat in the loss and finished with a five receptions for 67 yards and a touchdown.
- Troy defensive end Rashad Dillard scooped up an Andrew Allen fumble and ran 33 yards for a touchdown. The score gave Troy a 52-7 lead with 3:28 to play.
- Troy vs. Appalachian State (10/31)
- New Mexico State vs. Idaho (10/31)