Ole Miss 52 New Mexico State 3
Ole Miss raised no eyebrows at Vaught–Hemingway Stadium in handing New Mexico State its 11th-straight loss. Following a first quarter Aggies field goal, Ole Miss scored the game’s final 49 points in a blowout victory.
Player of the game
- Rebels junior Chad Kelly completed 23 of 33 passes for 384 yards, three touchdowns and an interception, adding another 32 yards and a touchdown on three carriers. The quarterback leads the Southeastern Conference with 310.3 passing yards per game.
- Ole Miss improved to 30-1-2 against current members of the Sun Belt Conference.
- The Rebels have averaged exactly 47 points per game over their first six contests this season.
- Ole Miss tallied over 200 yards rushing and 600 yards of total offense for the third time in 2015.
- Four Rebels scored rushing touchdowns and averaged 7.8 yards per attempt on 34 carries.
- Junior Laquon Treadwell led all players catching eight passes for 136 yards and a pair of touchdowns -- the receiver moved into fourth place in Ole Miss history with 155 career receptions.
- Aggies sophomore defensive back Jacob Nwangwa recovered a fumble and led all players with 11 tackles, eight of which were solo efforts.
- Kelly ran the ball in from 4 yards out with 1:18 remaining in the second quarter, extending Ole Miss’ advantage to 31-3 heading into halftime.
Ole Miss vs. Memphis (10/17)
New Mexico State vs. Georgia Southern (10/17)