New Mexico 38 New Mexico State 29
New Mexico trailed for much of the game, but used a strong second half to win its fourth straight Rio Grande Rivalry game against New Mexico State. The Lobos rushed for 401 yards and won, despite throwing for just 45.
Player of the game
- New Mexico State's Larry Rose III rushed for 260 yards on 21 carries in the loss. All three of his touchdowns were longer than 50 yards, including a long of 67.
- New Mexico State outgained New Mexico 356-216 in the first half.
- Quarterback Lamar Jordan led the Lobos in rushing for the second straight game; he had 157 yards on 16 rushes.
- Rose’s 260 yards were a career high and 31 more than his previous best of 229 in a loss last season to Louisiana-Monroe.
- The Lobos missed having three 100-yard rushers in the game by just 1 yard after Jordan recorded 157, Teriyon Gipson 142 and Jhurell Pressley 99.
- The Aggies are 3-10 in the past 13 games against New Mexico and are now 31-70-5 all-time in the series.
- New Mexico closed the game with 24 unanswered points.
- Gipson broke a 29-all tie with 10:19 left when he found the end zone from 36 yards out in what was ultimately the game-winning score.
- New Mexico State vs. Ole Miss (10/10)
- New Mexico vs. Nevada (10/10)