Arizona State 34 New Mexico 10
After a slow first half, Arizona State found its offensive groove and used a second half filled with big plays to continue its dominance over New Mexico. The Sun Devils offense will need another performance like Friday’s as they prepare for a USC team they have toppled in three of the last four meetings.
Player of the game
- Sun Devils quarterback Mike Bercovici passed for 317 yards and three touchdowns and added a rushing score. The senior has thrown three touchdowns in consecutive games and has accounted for nine touchdowns this season.
- Arizona State improved to 24-5-1 in the all-time series and has now won 19 consecutive meetings.
- Bercovici connected with sophomore running back Demario Richard for a 93-yard touchdown pass early in the fourth quarter.
- The Bercovici-to-Richard touchdown was the third-longest touchdown catch in school history and the longest since 1985.
- Richard caught four passes for 151 yards, the most ever by an Arizona State running back, and finished with 255 total yards.
- Lobos freshman running back Tyrone Owens scored on a 65-yard run early in the third quarter – the longest play of the season for New Mexico.
- New Mexico averaged just 3.8 yards per pass.
- Four Sun Devils caught four passes while just one Lobos player hauled in more than two receptions.
- Bercovici scored on an 8-yard rush with 5:52 remaining in the third quarter to give the Sun Devils a 24-7 lead.
- New Mexico vs. Wyoming (9/26)
- Arizona State vs. USC (9/26)