Rutgers 55 Indiana 52
Rutgers trailed Indiana 52-27 in the third quarter but rallied to score 28 consecutive points to win its third game of the season. In the comeback, the Scarlet Knights capitalized off three Hoosiers turnovers. Indiana fell to 4-3 after the heartbreaking loss.
Player of the game
- Rutgers sophomore quarterback Chris Laviano finished with 386 passing yards and three touchdowns. He led Rutgers to three straight scoring drives to end the game.
- There were 53 combined first downs in the game.
- After missing last week’s game with an ankle injury, Indiana senior quarterback Nate Sudfeld threw for 464 yards and four touchdowns.
- Rutgers sophomore running back Robert Martin ran 17 times for 124 yards and three touchdowns.
- Mitchell Paige, Ricky Jones and Simmie Cobbs Jr. all had 100-plus receiving yards for the Hoosiers.
- Scarlet Knights senior wide receiver Leonte Carroo had his third 100-yard game of the season, finishing with seven catches for 157 yards and three touchdowns.
- Indiana sophomore running back Devine Redding led the Hoosiers rushing attack, running for 99 yards and two touchdowns.
- Rutgers had just one penalty.
- Indiana has lost three consecutive games after starting 4-0.
- As time expired, Rutgers kicker Kyle Federico hit a 26-yard field goal to cap the comeback. Federico had missed two extra points earlier in the game.
- Indiana vs. Michigan State (10/24)
- Rutgers vs. Ohio State (10/24)