Miami (Fla.) 36, Nebraska 33
Miami (Fla.) withstood a furious fourth-quarter Nebraska rally that tied the game in regulation by converting an overtime field goal to claim victory. The Hurricanes intercepted a Nebraska pass on the first play of the extra session to set up the winning kick.
Player of the game
- Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya completed 25 of 42 passes for 379 yards and two touchdowns.
- With Nebraska trailing 30-10 after three quarters of play, Cornhuskers quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. tossed three touchdown passes to knot the game in regulation.
- The Hurricanes and Cornhuskers combined for 973 total yards.
- Armstrong completed 21 of 45 passes for 309 yards, four touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Miami running back Joseph Yearby posted 17 carries for 125 yards and a touchdown.
- Nebraska freshman wide receiver Stanley Morgan Jr. caught an 8-yard touchdown pass with 33 seconds remaining in regulation, with fellow receiver Jordan Westerkamp collecting the 2-point conversion to tie the game.
- Armstrong’s three fourth-quarter touchdown passes came in the final 8:36 of regulation.
- Miami safeties Deon Bush and Jamal Carter each received fourth quarter ejections for targeting.
- Miami’s Cornelius Elder intercepted Armstrong in the end zone of the first play of overtime to put the Hurricanes in position to attempt the game-winning kick.
- Miami vs. Cincinnati (10/1)
- Nebraska vs. Southern Mississippi (9/26)