North Carolina 45, North Carolina State 34
No. 14 North Carolina completed an undefeated ACC regular season by besting in-state rival North Carolina State. The Tar Heels came flying out of the game, scoring 35 points in the first quarter before coasting to their 11th-straight victory.
Player of the game
- Tar Heels running back Elijah Hood led all players with a career-high 200 yards and added a pair of rushing touchdowns on 21 carries. It marked the third-straight game in which the sophomore has run for at least 115 yards and a touchdown.
- North Carolina now has twice as many victories as North Carolina State and leads the all-time series 66-33-6.
- Quarterback Jacoby Brissett threw for 206 yards and two touchdowns and also led the Wolfpack in rushing, carrying 20 times for 218 yards and another two touchdowns.
- Saturday marked the second year in a row Brissett ran for over 100 yards against North Carolina.
- The two schools combined to rush 93 times for 682 yards and seven touchdowns.
- The team with the advantage in rushing yards has now won 21 of the last 24 meetings.
- North Carolina running back T.J. Logan needed just six carries to record his first 100-yard game of the season and scored a personal-best two touchdowns.
- Tar Heels quarterback Marquise Williams completed 19-of-30 passes for one touchdown and an interception while adding 53 rushing yards on 10 attempts.
- Williams surpassed Darian Durant to become North Carolina’s all-time leader in total offense with 9,794 yards.
- Hood’s 1-yard touchdown run with 51 seconds remaining in the first quarter was the last of five first-quarter touchdowns scored by North Carolina and gave the Tar Heels a 35-7 lead.
- North Carolina vs. Clemson (12/5)