Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-6) at Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-1)Kickoff Time:
Saturday, November 14, 3:30 PMLocation:
Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, IndianaTV Schedule:
The No. 4 Fighting Irish held their spot within the College Football Playoff rankings this week, and now look forward to their final home game of the season against struggling Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons have lost five of their last six games, and will face two of the nation’s top four teams (Notre Dame and No. 1 Clemson) in their next two games.Players to watch
- Wake Forest linebacker Brandon Chubb leads the team with 78 tackles, and has 6.5 tackles for loss and five quarterback hurries this season.
- Notre Dame wide receiver William Fuller caught seven passes last Saturday, setting season highs in yards (152) and touchdowns (three) in the win over Pittsburgh.
- Notre Dame has won both previous meetings, 24-17 in 2011 and 38-0 in 2012.
- Wake Forest has failed to score 20 points in five straight games.
- Eight of Fuller’s 12 touchdown receptions this season have come on plays of at least 30 yards.
- The Demon Deacons had a season-high five turnovers in last Saturday’s 20-19 loss to Louisville.
- Five of Wake Forest’s games this season have been decided by 8 points or less, with the Demon Deacons 2-3 in those games.
- Notre Dame is 5-0 at home this season; Wake Forest is 2-2 on the road.
- The Demon Deacons will be without two-year starter Josh Banks, a defensive tackle who was suspended for the rest of the season due to an unspecified rules violation.
- Notre Dame running back C.J. Prosise is questionable after suffering a head injury last week.