Mississippi State 51 North Carolina State 28
Behind another record-breaking performance from its heralded quarterback, Mississippi State scored the most points ever in a Belk Bowl on its way to crushing North Carolina State. The Bulldogs improved to 11-8 all-time in bowl games while the Wolfpack fell to 7-4 in their last 11 bowl games.
Player of the game
- Bulldogs quarterback Dak Prescott passed for a Belk Bowl-record 380 yards and tied the record with four passing touchdowns. The senior, who rushed for 47 yards and set a Belk Bowl record for total yards (427), ended his illustrious career as one of four players in FBS history to pass for 60 touchdowns and rush for 40 touchdowns in his career.
- Mississippi State improved to 3-3 all-time against North Carolina State.
- The Bulldogs finished the season with nine wins for the second straight year for the first time in school history.
- North Carolina State quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who entered the game with just four interceptions this season, passed for 214 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions.
- Bulldogs wide receiver Fred Ross caught seven passes for 74 yards and a touchdown, becoming just the second 1,000-yard receiver in school history.
- Wolfpack tight end Jaylen Samuels rushed for two touchdowns and finished his sophomore campaign with a touchdown in five of his last six games.
- Mississippi State racked up 569 yards of total offense while North Carolina State finished with 424 yards.
- After North Carolina State cut the deficit to 10 points, Prescott found running back Brandon Holloway for a 10-yard touchdown with 1:21 left in the third quarter to give the Bulldogs a 37-21 lead.