Mississippi State 42 Kentucky 16
Fueled by the exploits of quarterback Dak Prescott, Mississippi State overwhelmed visiting Kentucky in an SEC matchup. The senior threw for three scores and ran for three more.
Player of the game
- Prescott completed 25-of-35 passes for 348 yards to pair with 117 rushing yards and six total touchdowns.
- Prescott connected with three teammates for scoring passes: Brandon Holloway, De’Runnya Wilson and Darrion Hutcherson.
- Kentucky’s Chris Westry snapped Prescott’s streak of 289 pass attempts without an interception in the first half.
- Mississippi State wide receiver Fred Ross completed a 34-yard pass to Wilson.
- Stanley Williams became the second-fastest Kentucky player in the last 30 seasons to reach 1,000 career rushing yards.
- Taveze Calhoun recorded a pair of interceptions against Wildcats quarterback Patrick Towles.
- Towles completed 23-of-42 passes for 218 yards and two interceptions.
- Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen has yet to lose to Kentucky, improving to 7-0.
- Prescott connected with Hutcherson on a 13-yard scoring pass to give Mississippi State a 35-16 lead with 59 seconds left in the third quarter.
- Mississippi State vs. Missouri (11/5)
- Kentucky vs. Tennessee (10/31)