Vanderbilt 10 Missouri 3
Vanderbilt earned its first SEC victory since Nov. 23, 2013 in topping visiting Missouri. The Tigers are in the midst of a three-game losing skid.
Player of the game
- Vanderbilt running back Ralph Webb rushed 26 times for 99 yards and scored the game’s lone touchdown on a 1-yard plunge.
- The Vanderbilt defense limited the Missouri offense to 188 total yards and 0-for-14 on third downs.
- The Commodores and Tigers combined for 16 punts.
- With the victory the Commodores snapped an 11-game SEC losing streak.
- Missouri was held to 45 total yards in the first half, including just 8 rushing yards.
- The Vanderbilt win marks the first SEC victory of Derek Mason’s head coaching career and serves as the Commodores’ third win in five games.
- The Tigers averaged 3.5 yards per play (53 plays, 188 yards) with 67 coming via Missouri’s final drive.
- Commodores freshman quarterback Kyle Shurmur completed 10-of-20 passes for 89 yards.
- With Vanderbilt leading by a touchdown with 5 seconds left, the Commodores stopped the Tigers on 4th-and-10 at the Vanderbilt 13-yard line to preserve the win.
- Vanderbilt vs. Houston (10/31)
- Missouri vs. Mississippi State (11/5)