Kentucky 21 Missouri 13
No. 25 Missouri scored first early in the first half but then its offense went silent as Kentucky held on to upset the Tigers. The win is the Wildcats’ first against a Top-25 opponent since 2010 and ended the Tigers’ 11-game road winning streak.
Player of the game
- Wildcats quarterback Patrick Towles was an efficient 22-for-27 for 249 yards and a pair of touchdowns. The junior added his second rushing touchdown of the season.
- The win snaps Kentucky’s 18-game losing streak to ranked opponents.
- This is the fourth straight game for Kentucky decided by 10 points or less.
- Missouri earned five first downs by Kentucky penalties.
- Kentucky racked up 366 yards against Missouri, who entered the game as the nation’s fourth-best defense.
- The Wildcats converted 9-of-14 third downs while holding the Tigers to 6-of-14.
- Wildcats wide receiver Garrett Johnson caught six passes for 119 yards -- the most for the sophomore in 11 games dating back to last September.
- The Tigers failed to have a player rush for more than 50 yards for the first time this season.
- Towles connected with sophomore wide receiver Dorian Baker for a 5-yard touchdown with 6:25 left to give Kentucky a 20-10 lead.
- Missouri vs. South Carolina (10/3)
- Kentucky vs. Eastern Kentucky (10/3)