Navy 45, Pittsburgh 28
Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds capped a spectacular career with an impressive performance in a victory over Pittsburgh in the Military Bowl. The Midshipmen finished the season with an 11-2 record while the Panthers finished 8-5.
Player of the game
- Reynolds finished the game as Navy's leading passer (126 yards), rusher (144 yards) and receiver (47 yards). The senior accounted for four touchdowns and set career records for rushing yards by a quarterback (4,559) and touchdowns from scrimmage (88).
- The 11 wins are a school record for Navy, which won its third consecutive bowl-game appearance for the first time in program history,
- Chris Swain also rushed for 114 yards for the Midshipmen, who ran for 417 yards and five touchdowns.
- Pittsburgh running back Qadree Ollison rushed for 73 yards and a touchdown.
- Pittsburgh’s Quadree Henderson returned the opening kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown.
- Panthers quarterback Nathan Peterman passed for 137 yards, a touchdown and three interceptions.
- Brendon Clements recorded two interceptions for Navy,
- Reynolds capped a nine-play drive with a 9-yard touchdown run midway through the fourth quarter. The score gave the Midshipmen a 45-28 lead and broke a tie with Kenneth Dixon of Louisiana Tech for the most touchdowns in FBS history.