Navy Midshipmen (9-1) at Houston Cougars (10-1)Kickoff Time:
Friday, November 27, 12:00 PMLocation
: TDECU Stadium, Houston, TexasTV:
No. 15 Navy visits Houston in a clash for the AAC West title and a spot in the league championship game. The Midshipmen have won five straight since falling to then-No.15 Notre Dame while the Cougars’ perfect season earned its first blemish in last week’s loss to Connecticut.Players to watch
- In last weekend’s win, quarterback Keenan Reynolds became Navy’s all-time leading rusher with 4,195 yards. The senior’s 82 career touchdowns are one behind the career NCAA touchdown record of 83 set by Wisconsin’s Montee Ball.
- Prior to missing most of last week’s game, Cougars quarterback Greg Ward Jr. was the only player nationally to average over 200 passing yards per game (217.6) and 80 rushing yards per game (81). The junior is one of two players in the country with double-digit passing (13) and rushing (16) touchdowns.
- In last week’s win over Tulsa, Navy rushed 61 times for a season-high 457 yards and five touchdowns.
- Reynolds has accounted for a touchdown in every game besides the loss to the Fighting Irish and has five games with multiple rushing scores.
- The Midshipmen are seeking their first 10-1 start since 1905.
- Navy has scored a rushing touchdown in 45 consecutive games and is 9-1 this season when outrushing its opponent.
- Houston is one of five teams nationally to defeat six opponents by 21 points.
- Last week’s 20-17 loss to the Huskies snapped the Cougars’ school-record streak of 14 straight games scoring 30 points.
- Houston has forced multiple turnovers in 36 of its last 45 games and has forced at least three turnovers in six games this season.
- Ward missed most of last weekend’s game with an ankle injury but is expected to play against Navy.