Navy 31 Tulane 14
Navy improved to 5-1 on the season with an opportunistic defensive effort against struggling Tulane. The Midshipmen improved to 3-0 in American Athletic Conference play, while the Green Wave fell to 1-3, and 2-5 overall.
Player of the game
- Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds threw for a season-high 134 yards, and despite struggling on the ground (22 carries for 38 yards) he still finished with two touchdowns.
- Reynolds moved within two scores of the all-time NCAA mark for rushing touchdowns with 75, trailing only former Wisconsin running back Montee Ball.
- Tulane has been outscored 122-24 in its past three games.
- Tulane committed three turnovers, all of which occurred in the fourth quarter.
- The Midshipmen were held to just 133 rushing yards after entering the game averaging 335.3 this season.
- Tulane outgained Navy 386-291 and had 21 first downs to the Midshipmen’s 18.
- The Green Wave committed nine penalties totaling 80 yards, while Navy was penalized only three times for 30 yards.
- Trailing 17-7 and at the Navy 2-yard-line early in the fourth quarter, Tulane quarterback Tanner Lee fumbled. Navy recovered. It was the first of three consecutive Tulane drives to end in a turnover.
- Tulane vs. Memphis (10/31)
- Navy vs. South Florida (10/31)