LSU 48 Western Kentucky 20
LSU won its 52nd straight game against a non-conference opponent with its 28-point win over Western Kentucky Saturday. The team’s combined for 925 yards of total offense.
Player of the game
- LSU quarterback Brandon Harris passed for a career-high 286 yards and threw a season-high three touchdown passes in the win. He completed touchdown passes of 61, 55 and 17 yards. Two of Harris’ touchdown passes came in the second half.
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette ran for 100 yards for the ninth-straight game to tie a school record -- he finished with 150 yards to become the first player since 2007 to rush for 150 yards in seven straight games.
- Hilltopper quarterback Brandon Doughty completed at least three touchdown passes for the sixth consecutive game.
- LSU defensive back Jamal Adams notched his third interception of the season in the third quarter.
- Taywan Taylor matched Western Kentucky’s single-season touchdown reception record with his 11th touchdown catch against LSU.
- Three running backs scored rushing touchdowns versus Western Kentucky.
- Western Kentucky’s Dejon Brown was ejected for targeting.
- Harris connected with Tyron Johnson for a 61-yard touchdown reception with 2:06 left to play in the third quarter. The touchdown gave the Tigers a 34-13 lead following the extra point and wrapped up a 17-point scoring flurry late in the third period.
- LSU vs. Alabama (11/7)
- Western Kentucky vs. Old Dominion (10/31)