Baylor 66, Kansas 7
Baylor took a 52-7 lead into halftime and rolled to 644 yards of total offense to beat winless Kansas. The Bears improved to 5-0 overall and 2-0 in Big 12 play, while the struggling Jayhawks (0-5, 0-2) have been outscored a combined 114-20 in two conference losses.
Player of the Game
- Baylor junior wide receiver Corey Coleman had his fifth straight 100-yard receiving game with seven grabs for 108 yards and two touchdowns. He leads the nation with 13 touchdown catches this season.
- Baylor quarterback Seth Russell went 18-of-27 for 246 yards with three touchdowns before giving way to backup Jarrett Stidham, who promptly added two more touchdown throws while going 9-of-10 for 117 yards.
- Kansas freshman quarterback Ryan Willis made his first collegiate start and finished 20-of-36 for 158 yards, one touchdown and an interception.
- Kansas was without its top two quarterbacks (Montell Cozart, Deondre Ford) and top two wide receivers (Bobby Hartzog Jr., Tre Parmalee).
- The Jayhawks were held to just 227 total yards and 14 first downs.
- Baylor scored on every possession of the first half.
- Baylor didn't punt until there were just 5 minutes left in the game.
- Running back Shock Linwood complemented the Bears' passing game with 13 carries for 135 yards and a touchdown.
Play of the Game
- After Kansas scored on its opening drive to tie the game 7-7, Russell hit Coleman on an 11-yard touchdown pass to re-claim the lead for the Bears.
- Baylor vs. West Virginia (10/17)
- Kansas vs. Texas Tech (10/17)