TCU 52 Kansas State 45
TCU erased a 17-point halftime deficit to earn a dramatic road win at Kansas State. The Horned Frogs improved their record to 5-0, while the Wildcats fell to 3-2.
Player of the game
- TCU senior quarterback Trevone Boykin completed 20-of-30 passes for 301 yards and two touchdowns, and ran the ball for 124 yards on 11 carries with two touchdowns on the ground.
- TCU’s offense generated 543 total yards.
- Horned Frogs senior wide receiver Josh Doctson had eight catches for 155 yards and two touchdowns.
- Horned Frogs senior running back Aaron Green ran for 121 yards on 11 carries, with two touchdowns.
- Kansas State junior quarterback Joe Hubener finished the game 13-for-33 with 157 passing yards.
- Hubener rushed for 111 yards on 26 carries with four touchdowns.
- Wildcats junior running back Charles Jones had 75 yards rushing on 13 carries with two touchdowns.
- Wildcats sophomore linebacker Elijah Lee had two interceptions.
- With 1:40 left and the score tied 45-all, Boykin connected with Doctson on a 55-yard touchdown pass to put the Horned Frogs in the lead for the first time since early in the second quarter.
- Kansas State vs. Oklahoma (10/17)
- TCU vs. Iowa State (10/17)