Oklahoma State 36 Kansas State 34
Oklahoma State needed a field goal from junior Ben Grogan in the final minute to foil the upset bid from Kansas State and improve to 5-0. This was Kansas State’s first loss of the season.
Player of the game
- Sophomore quarterback Mason Rudolph completed 34-of-55 passes for 437 yards and three touchdowns to lead Oklahoma State.
- Junior wide receiver Marcell Ateman caught six passes for 101 yards and a touchdown for Oklahoma State.
- Sophomore wide receiver James Washington contributed seven catches for 100 yards and a touchdown for the Cowboys.
- Sophomore linebacker Chad Whitener had a team-high nine tackles for Oklahoma State.
- Senior defensive back Michael Hunter intercepted a pass with 9 seconds left to secure the win for the Cowboys.
- Senior Kody Cook ran for 87 yards and a touchdown, and threw for 122 yards and two touchdowns for Kansas State.
- Sophomore defensive back Donnie Starks finished with a game-high 11 tackles for the Wildcats.
- Grogan’s 37-yard field goal came with 32 seconds remaining to give Oklahoma State a 36-34 lead.
- Kansas State quarterback Joe Hubener left the game after a big hit with a head injury, but returned in the fourth quarter when Cook went down with a shoulder injury. Cook did not return.
- Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia (10/10)
- Kansas State vs. TCU (10/10)