Boise State Broncos (8-4) vs. Northern Illinois Huskies (8-5)
Poinsettia BowlKickoff Time:
Wednesday, December 23, 4:30 PMLocation:
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CaliforniaTV:
The Huskies finished 8-5 and runners up in the MAC, but enter the bowl season with an uncertain quarterback situation due to myriad injuries at the position. Boise State will fall short of double digit wins for just the third time since 2002, but can salvage somewhat of a down season with a bowl victory.Players to watch
- Boise State wide receiver Thomas Sperbeck caught 82 passes for 1,334 yards and eight touchdowns this season.
- Northern Illinois receiver Kenny Golladay caught 71 passes for 1,122 yards and 10 touchdowns during the regular season.
- This is the first-ever meeting between these two teams.
- Each team has one previous Poinsettia Bowl appearance, with Northern Illinois losing the 2006 game and Boise State coming up short in 2007.
- The Broncos have reached a bowl game in 16 of the past 17 years, and have an overall 10-5 record.
- Northern Illinois is looking for its first bowl win since 2011.
- Boise State’s Jeremy McNichols and Northern Illinois’ Joel Bouagnon are both tied for fifth among FBS running backs with 18 touchdowns.
- The Broncos rank 19th in the FBS in passing offense, averaging 304.6 passing yards and 17th in scoring offense, averaging 37.8 points.
- Broncos safety Darian Thompson is questionable due to a concussion.
- Huskies quarterback Ryan Graham is questionable with a leg injury.
- Northern Illinois receiver Tommylee Lewis is questionable with a knee injury.