Boise State 34 Wyoming 14
One week after an embarrassing defeat, Boise State comfortably took care of an undermanned Wyoming team. The Broncos kept pace with Utah State and Air Force in the Mountain West Mountain Division, while the Cowboys fell to 1-7.
Player of the game
- Boise State quarterback Brett Rypien completed 22-of-28 passes for 211 yards and three touchdowns.
- The Broncos outgained Wyoming 418-233 and had 24 first downs, converting 12-of-19 third downs.
- Wyoming running back Brian Hill rushed for 76 yards on 23 carries and became the fastest-ever Cowboys rusher to 1,000 yards in a season.
- Boise State running back Jeremy McNichols rushed for 166 yards and scored two touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving), bringing his season total to 16.
- Boise State receiver Thomas Sperbeck caught six passes for 84 yards and two touchdowns.
- Wyoming lost its fifth consecutive road game, including an 0-4 record this season.
- The Broncos were turnover free after committing eight last week against Utah State.
- On Boise State’s opening drive of the third quarter, Rypien hit Sperbeck on a 36-yard touchdown pass to put the Broncos up 31-7.
- Wyoming quarterback Cameron Coffman left the game in the third quarter with an apparent shoulder injury.
- Boise State left tackle Rees Odhiambo left the game in the fourth quarter with a left leg injury.
- Wyoming vs. Utah State (10/30)
- Boise State vs. UNLV (10/31)