Stanford Cardinal (11-2) vs. Iowa Hawkeyes (12-1)Bowl Game:
Rose BowlKickoff Time:
Friday, January 1, 5:00 PMLocation:
Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CaliforniaTV:
No. 6 Stanford won 11 of 12 games and won the Pac-12 title after an opening-week loss to Northwestern, while No. 5 Iowa nearly ran the table before a late Michigan State touchdown doomed them to defeat in the Big Ten Championship game. Their consolation for narrowly missing out on the College Football Playoff is a matchup in the Rose Bowl.Players to watch
- Cardinal running back Christian McCaffrey finished runner up in the Heisman voting after compiling 3,496 total yards and 13 touchdowns.
- Iowa linebacker Josey Jewell leads the team with 119 tackles, including 7.5 for loss, and also has three interceptions, one fumble forced and one fumble recovery.
- Iowa is making its first Rose Bowl appearance since 1990, and has not won the game since 1958.
- The Cardinal are facing their fourth different Big Ten team in four years in bowl competition, with wins against Wisconsin in 2012 and Maryland last year and a loss to Michigan State in 2013.
- Stanford leads the FBS in time of possession, averaging 35 minutes, 22 seconds per game.
- Iowa gives up only 18.5 points per game, ranking 13th in the FBS in scoring defense.
- The Hawkeyes are plus-12 in turnover margin this season, while Stanford is even.
- Stanford is 12-11-1 all-time in bowl appearances, while Iowa has a record of 14-13-1.
- Iowa tight end Jake Duzey is likely out with a knee injury.