Boise State 55, Hawaii 0
The Broncos did all their damage in the first half, rolling up a 49-0 lead at the break as they cruised to victory over visiting Hawaii. The Rainbow Warriors lost their third road game of the season, while Boise State improved to 4-1.
Player of the game
- Freshman Broncos quarterback Brett Rypien completed 19-of-25 passes for 271 yards and three touchdowns -- his second straight game with three touchdown passes.
- Boise State outgained Hawaii 554-170 and held the ball for 37:33.
- Hawaii has been shut out in all three of its losses this season.
- Broncos running back Jeremy McNichols rushed for 108 yards -- his first career 100-yard game -- and added two touchdowns.
- McNichols leads the FBS with 12 total touchdowns.
- Ten players had at least one carry for the Broncos, who ran the ball 59 times.
- Hawaii quarterbacks Max Wittek and Ikaika Woolsey combined to complete only 11-of-38 passes for 88 yards and three interceptions.
- Rypien hit Chaz Anderson on a 54-yard touchdown pass with 10:33 remaining in the first quarter, capping Boise State’s opening drive and giving the Broncos a lead they held throughout.
- Hawaii vs. San Diego State (10/10)
- Boise State vs. Colorado State (10/10)