Wisconsin 28 Hawaii 0
The No. 22 Badgers rediscovered their run game, rolling over visiting Hawaii on the ground to complement their third consecutive stalwart defensive performance. The Rainbow Warriors fell to 2-2, with both losses coming against Big Ten teams.
Player of the game
- Badgers running back Taiwan Deal rushed for a career-high 147 yards on 26 carries and added two touchdowns.
- Wisconsin outgained Hawaii 512-255, held the ball for 39:47, and ran 79 plays to the Rainbow Warriors’ 52.
- Wisconsin rushed for 326 yards despite having entered the game averaging only 142.8 yards per game, last in the Big Ten.
- Wisconsin has not allowed a touchdown in three games, and has allowed only 3 total points in that span.
- Hawaii has been shut out in both losses, having previously fallen 38-0 to Ohio State.
- Wisconsin linebacker Joe Schobert recorded two sacks to bring his season total to six.
- Hawaii receiver Quinton Pedroza caught a career-high 10 passes for 134 yards.
- The Rainbow Warriors were held to 15 rushing yards on 18 carries (0.8 average).
- Deal’s second 2-yard rushing touchdown came with 38 seconds remaining in the first half and gave the Badgers a 14-0 lead at the break.
- Hawaii vs. Boise State (10/3)
- Wisconsin vs. Iowa (10/3)