California Golden Bears (7-5) vs. Air Force Falcons (8-5)Bowl Game:
Armed Forces BowlKickoff Time:
Tuesday, December 29, 2:00 PMLocation:
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TexasTV:
California started the season 5-0 before losing five of its final seven games. Air Force had its midseason five-game winning streak snapped with two losses at the end of the year, including a narrow defeat at the hands of San Diego State in the Mountain West title game. The two schools are meeting for the first time in eight years, with their last matchup also coming in the Military Bowl.Players to watch
- Golden Bears quarterback Jared Goff has thrown for 4,252 yards and 37 touchdown passes this season, both school records.
- Falcons running back Timothy McVey has rushed for 227 yards and six touchdowns on only 29 carries over his last three games.
- The Golden Bears are making their first bowl appearance since 2011 and are looking for their first win since 2008.
- California leads the all-time series 6-2, with the last meeting coming in the 2007 Military Bowl, won 42-36 by the Golden Bears.
- Air Force ranks second in the FBS in rushing offense, averaging 321.8 rushing yards per game.
- The Falcons are 11-12-1 all-time in bowl games, including a 3-4 record under current head coach Tory Calhoun.
- California has topped 600 yards of offense three times this season, including two of its last three games.
- Nine different Falcons have at least one rushing touchdown this season, and four have at least six.
- Air Force running back D.J. Johnson is out with a hamstring injury.