San Diego State 27, Air Force 24
A late field goal gave the Aztecs the edge over Air Force in the Mountain West Championship. The title was the first outright Mountain West Championship for the Aztecs, who played the game in front of their home fans in Qualcomm Stadium.
Player of the game
- Aztecs running back Donnel Pumphrey carried the ball 16 times for 90 yards, and also caught four passes for 61 yards and a touchdown.
- San Diego State won for the first time this season when allowing 20 or more points.
- Aztecs quarterback Christian Chapman completed 9-of-14 passes for 203 yards and one touchdown.
- Falcons running back Timothy McVey scored all three of the team’s touchdowns, rushing for 48 yards on nine carries.
- Falcons running back Jacobi Owens rushed for a game-high 156 yards on 17 carries.
- Air Force attempted 11 passes and threw for 35 yards, with six of those attempts (for 29 yards) coming on their final desperation drive.
- San Diego State outgained Air Force 436-340, gaining 233 yards on the ground.
- With 5:10 remaining, San Diego State kicker Donny Hageman kicked his second field goal of the night, a 46-yarder to provide the winning margin of victory.