Air Force Falcons (3-3) at Colorado State Rams (2-4)Kickoff Time:
Saturday, October 17, 3:30 PMLocation
: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium, Fort Collins, ColoradoTV:
CBS Sports Network
The battle for the Ram-Falcon trophy resumes Saturday as Colorado State hosts Air Force. The Rams are riding a two-game losing streak after dropping back-to-back games to Mountain West opponents Utah State and Boise State. The Falcons are coming off a 31-17 home win over Wyoming.
Players to watch
- Colorado State junior linebacker Kevin Davis brings his conference-leading nine tackles for loss into Saturday’s game. Davis has compiled at least a share of a tackle-for-loss in eight consecutive games.
- Air Force junior fullback Shayne Davern rushed for a career-high 130 yards and two touchdowns last week versus Wyoming. He ranks third on the Falcons with 247 rushing yards and is averaging 6.2 yards per carry.
- Air Force leads the all-time series 32-20-1 and has won eight of the last 10 meetings.
- Colorado State receivers, led by Rashard Higgins, lead the nation with 7,743 receiving yards.
- The Falcons rank fifth in the nation with an average of 320.8 rushing yards per game.
- Air Force defensive back Brodie Hicks is the reigning Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week after recording eight tackles, two interceptions and a fumble recovery last week against Wyoming.
- Higgins has 100 receiving yards in three of the past four games for Colorado State.
- The Rams rank third in the conference in total offense, with an average 411.2 yards per game.