Arkansas State 55, Texas State 17
It was a record-setting day for Arkansas State, which finished the regular season with a perfect 8-0 record in Sun Belt play by crushing Texas State. With the dominant performance, the Red Wolves have won the conference title in four of the last five years.
Player of the game
- Red Wolves running back Michael Gordon carried the ball 20 times for 148 yards and a touchdown. The senior is second in school history with 36 career rushing touchdowns and has rushed for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons.
- Arkansas State set a conference record with 492 points this season.
- The Red Wolves defense picked off two passes and now have a Sun Belt-record 26 interceptions this season.
- With its 535 yards of total offense, Arkansas State has totaled 300 yards of offense in 68 of its last 78 games.
- Texas State wide receiver C.J. Best finished his career with eight catches for a season-best 95 yards.
- Arkansas State improved to 15-3 in home games since the start of the 2013 season while Texas State ended its season without a road win.
- Tight end Darion Griswold’s 4-yard touchdown run with 1:25 left gave the Red Wolves a conference-record 66 touchdowns this season.
- The Bobcats averaged 5.1 yards per play while the Red Wolves averaged 8.6 yards.
- Red Wolves defensive back Money Hunter’s 99-yard interception return for a touchdown, the longest in school history and Arkansas State’s eighth defensive touchdown of the season, gave his team a commanding 20-0 lead with 12:35 left in the first half.