Alabama 27, Arkansas 14
A long touchdown pass late in the third quarter sparked a string of 24 straight points for the Crimson Tide as No. 8 Alabama handed Arkansas its fourth loss of the season. The win pushed Alabama to 2-1 in SEC play as it looked to keep pace in the West division.
Player of the game
Alabama freshman receiver Calvin Ridley posted a career-high in catches and yards for the second consecutive game, hauling in eight receptions for 140 yards and a touchdown.
- Henry’s fourth-quarter touchdown gave him at least one rushing score in 11 straight games, an Alabama record.
- After rushing for more than 200 yards in three straight games, Arkansas was held to 44 yards on the ground.
- Henry was held to 3.5 yards per attempt -- his lowest average of the season.
- Alabama quarterback Jake Coker had completed a sesaon-high 24 passes at a 72.7 percent clip.
- Arkansas compiled only 220 total yards after posting at least 424 in each of its first five games.
- The Razorbacks had only 10 first downs.
- The Crimson Tide have won eight consecutive meetings between the two schools.
- With 1:39 remaining in the third quarter and Alabama trailing 7-3, Coker hit Ridley on an 81-yard touchdown pass to put the Crimson Tide ahead to stay.
- Arkansas vs. Auburn (10/24)
- Alabama vs. Texas A&M (10/17)