Toledo 37 Arkansas State 7
In a rematch of last year’s GoDaddy Bowl, the Rockets capitalized on a host of mistakes to build an insurmountable lead over Arkansas State to dominate the Red Wolves. Toledo is 3-0 while the Red Wolves fell to 1-3 and are still winless against FBS teams this season. Player of the game
- Rockets running back Terry Swanson carried 17 times for 71 yards and added two touchdowns to pace the Toledo offense.
- Arkansas State’s only score came on a 92-yard second quarter kickoff return by receiver J.D. McKissic.
- Toledo compiled six sacks, forced five turnovers and held Arkansas State to just 2 of 13 on third-down plays.
- Toledo quarterback Phillip Ely attempted 41 passes in the first half, surpassing his old career-high of 38 attempts. He finished with 52 in the game.
- Arkansas State was held to -14 rushing yards.
- Toledo kicker Jameson Vest converted 3 of 3 field goals, including a career-long 44-yard attempt in the third quarter.
- Toledo outgained Arkansas State 283-84 in the first half while building a 27-7 halftime lead.
- Toledo’s Rolan Milligan intercepted a James Tabary pass with 2 seconds remaining in the first quarter and returned it 36 yards for a touchdown to give the Rockets a 17-0 lead.
- Arkansas State vs. Idaho (10/3)
- Toledo vs. Ball State (10/3)