NFL Combine: Auburn's Carl Lawson is the Strongest in Indianapolis
By George Yarberry
EFN National Director
Carl Lawson from the Auburn Tigers put up 35 reps on the bench press to take home top honors in Indianapolis at the NFL Combine. He also recorded the fastest short shuttle time for defensive ends, running a 4.19. He jumped a 33" vertical and ran a 4.67 40-yard dash to round out a great weekend.
Lawson, a 6'2 261-pound defensive end, was a 1st Team All-SEC performer this past season and earned All-American honors from Phil Steele. Lawson recorded 28 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and 9 sacks in 2016.
NFL Draft analyst, Mel Kiper Jr, projects Lawson to go in the 2nd round on April 27.
2017 NFL Combine Top Bench Presses
1) Carl Lawson (Auburn) DE 35
2) Aviante Collins (TCU) OT 34
2) Jermaine El (Texas A&M) OL 34
2) Forest Lamp (Western Kentucky) OT 34
3) Myles Garrett (Texas A&M) DE 33
3) Elijah Qualls (Washington) DT 33