Florida Gators (10-2) at Alabama Crimson Tide (11-1)Kickoff Time:
Saturday, December 5, 4:00 PMLocation:
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GeorgiaTV:
Alabama and Florida meet for the eighth time in the SEC title game, making it the most-played matchup in the 24-year history of the game. A win for Alabama can seal a spot in the College Football Playoff, while the Gators are looking for their first SEC title since 2008.
Players to watch
- Florida defensive back Jeremy Tabor has 14 pass breakups and four interceptions this season, two of which have been returned for touchdowns.
- Alabama running back Derrick Henry led the SEC and set an Alabama single-season record with 1,797 yards. He scored 22 touchdowns, another Alabama single-season mark.
- Florida is making its 11th appearance in the SEC Championship game, the most of any SEC team, with a previous record of 7-3.
- The Crimson Tide have made nine previous appearances in the title game, winning five.
- Florida holds a 4-3 edge in SEC Championship game meetings between the two schools.
- Alabama gave up the fewest points in the SEC this season with 172, while Florida was second allowing 186.
- Crimson Tide receiver Calvin Ridley ranks fourth among SEC receivers with 67 catches, totaling 791 yards and five touchdowns.
- Florida running back Kelvin Taylor has 977 rushing yards and ranks fourth in the SEC with 13 touchdowns.
- Florida linebacker Alex Anzalone is questionable with a shoulder injury.
- Alabama running back Kenyan Drake is questionable with an arm injury.